More news and photos from my past seminars

As I promised, today, I am going to share with you, more information and photos from my past seminars in Vellore and Chennai.

My first-ever lecture session for a large audience and the first-ever seminar about chess in Vellore took place on 17 October. Chess players, not only from Tamil Nadu, but also from other southern states of India like Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Telengana, and Karnataka took part in this seminar.

Also, I came to know that this was the first time that a chess Grandmaster is visiting Vellore.

Additionally, you can read the news articles published in “The Hindu” newspaper and AICF (All India Chess Federation) Blog. Below is a part of the article published in “The Hindu”:
“GM Igor Smirnov said that a player should plan for the next move when the opponent is taking a long time pondering over his/her next move. He recalled that Viswanathan Anand won the world championship match against Veselin Topalov in 2010 by this strategy of planning his next move when the latter was pondering. 
Anand vs Topalov WC 2010Realising this, Topalov played fast without giving time for Anand to think, and in the process committed mistakes, which facilitated a win by Anand, he said. This again was a strategy of Anand, he said, bringing peals of laughter from the audience.”
Now let me share some interesting photos with you. :)

GM Igor Smirnov seminarMy simul display in Vellore
GM Igor Smirnov seminarA student receiving his prize for his positive result in the simul in Vellore
GM Igor Smirnov seminarMy simul display in Chennai
GM Igor Smirnov seminarYes, I needed to have “Nerves of Steel” to win some games! :)
GM Igor Smirnov seminarMy lecture, “The Right Thinking in Chess”

Finally, I’d like to remind you about my upcoming seminar (and final seminar of my trip to India) in Thrissur which will take place on Saturday, 31 October. The seminar will take place at Hotel Kovilakom Residency, Kovilakathumpadam, Tuda Road, Peringavu Bypass Road, Thrissur, Kerala 680022.
 
I invite everyone to attend this event and I will be glad to meet with you all. This is the LAST chance for you to get my personal training live.

As usual, seats are limited, and only the first 150 registrants are allowed to play in the simul. You can reserve your seat for the whole day of seminar (two lectures and simul) by clicking the image below:
GM Igor Smirnov seminar


===============================================
New Book:

bogoindian

winningplan