GM IGOR SMIRNOV’S NEW BOOK


Today, I’d like to share with you some great news. Some time ago, one of our students placed the following comment:
I’d love to see Igor Smirnov’s story as a chess prodigy and becoming the Grandmaster in a book or video.
An auto-biography of GM Smirnov’s chess development, witty advices that worked for advancement, remarkable games and encounters with the Champions (directly or indirectly).”

book
There’s a Chinese proverb:
If you want to know the road ahead, ask those coming back.
Therefore, I’ve decided to write a book – hence, it might be helpful for you to get the lessons that I’ve learnt over the 21 years of my ‘chess journey’:)
igorsmirnov
You can help me write a really valuable book soon.

  • Please write in the comments below what you would like to see in this book. Any of your questions or preferences are highly welcome.
  • I’m looking for an editor. Since English is not my native language, you may help me put the words into proper sentences. :) You will have the opportunity to help the chess world, earn some extra bucks and hopefully have a pleasant time working on this project. Please check the details and apply here: LINK
design
Finally, I’d like to remind you of two important things:
First, on 19 and 20 July, you’ll get 10 x RCA Points on your purchase(s).
10xpts

  • What are RCA Points: LINK
  • How to use RCA Points: LINK
So don’t miss this really MASSIVE opportunity:)

Second, as you may already know, my second “Ask Me Anything” (AMA) event will be conducted on Reddit on International Chess Day20 July at 10 a.m. New York time (check timings here: LINK).

  • How to ask questions on my AMA event: LINK
  • My Reddit profile: LINK

Of course, you may ‘follow’ me on my Reddit profile and get ready for my AMA event (I hope you are ready with your questions. :)) However, just stay tuned, as we’ll be sharing the link of the page where my AMA event will be conducted!
igorsmirnovamadesign
While I’m working on this new book for you, you may test your skills in an interesting position presented below:
chess
Black to play
What should Black play here in order to parry White’s threat of g4? After calculating all possible variations, you may check the whole game here: LINK

=================================================================
killerdragon
playliketal