What can you learn from my upcoming chess book?

What does it take to become a strong chess player? While you think about that, let me tell you that today I will share more information about my upcoming book, A Promoted Pawn: My Chess Journey, to help you decide in advance whether or not you think this is a product for you. You may even think about it over the weekend. :)

Getting back to the question I asked you there, many people think that if they put their mind and effort into training, they can work their chess strength up to the level of expert. Shouldn’t it make sense that the more one involves oneself in intensive training, the stronger one’s chess strength will be?

student-book
I know many players who have studied endless quantities of chess books, tutorials and videos. These players have literally spent decades of their lives learning the game of chess. They are some of the hardest-working people I know and yet they have NO chess titles.

Some of these lifelong learners haven’t even achieved an 1800 rating. How can this be? Simply put, intensive training by itself is NOT enough to become a strong chess player.

There is an old Chinese proverb that says, “If you want to know the road ahead, ask those coming back”. This exact idea is the reason I have decided to write this book. My own chess journey spans over 20 years. I have played at both amateur and professional levels. I’ve won tournaments and I’ve lost them.
igor smirnovI’ve attained all titles up to and including Grandmaster. I have coached chess professionally and founded a successful chess academy. I have had the privilege of working with thousands of different students from across the world at all playing levels. I have been down the road chess students aspire to travel. I know what works to bring good results and what does not.

Perhaps you have heard of Pareto’s Rule? It states that there are 20% of activities that produce 80% of results. The rule is actually quite valid and sounds attractive to the application of chess training. The only problem is: nobody ever tells us what that 20% of highly effective training techniques is. In this book, I will do my best to reveal this to you.

Another area of focus will be chess prodigies. I know many strong chess players that are young, and I, too, have my own example to learn from, as I attained the International Master title at the age of 13. We will examine what they do, how they do it, and how a student can replicate their methods and improve his own chess strength, possibly becoming a prodigy himself!

I would like to caution the reader that the road to chess strength is an extremely difficult one. My accomplishment list in chess is quite long and my path appears straightforward, one of glory. However, only my close friends know how difficult this road actually was for me. Amidst my medals, trophies, and titles is much pain, anguish, and frustration.
frustrationNot many people know that I actually abandoned chess at one point in my career. I just stopped playing. I didn’t want that kind of pressure any more. I was done. Fortunately, I changed my mind some time later and returned. In this book, I am going to share the real story of being a strong chess player. I am going to tell the good and the bad, and what it actually takes to improve at chess.

There will be a lot of advice, but also a lot of truth. There are many twists and turns down the road to chess strength and improvement. Chess students are told many things, and not all of them are correct. Some things are actually flat out wrong. This same information gets passed down generation after generation and players don’t get any better.

I hope to help the reader navigate through some of these pitfalls and steer them along the better parts of the road for smoother travel. However, even with a smoother road, improvement at chess will take a lot of effort. But the best things in life probably should not come too easily anyway. Chess strength is no exception.
igor smirnov bookFinally, I wish to thank you for joining me on this chess journey through the pages of this book. It is my sincere hope that much of my experience can be implemented into a successful acquisition of chess strength for you.
designNow, I’ll share some exciting and important information – my upcoming book will be released on Monday, 28 September! :)

Additionally, if you would like to get notified a few hours before the book launch, you may register for the book now here. By doing so, you will know about our special offers EARLIER than others. Moreover, you will get your questions (about the book) answered by me.
Note: only the first 50 buyers will have the opportunity to send in their questions; the next 100 buyers (in addition to the first 50 buyers) will receive the answers to those questions.
pre-register
===============================================

bogoindian

winningplan




killerdragon
playliketal