Pre-registration for my book and the Art of Planning in Chess

To start with, I’ve great news – my upcoming book, A Promoted Pawn: My Chess Journey, will be released within a few days. :)
Additionally, pre-registration for the book is now open!

Why should you pre-register?

By registering for the book now, you will be notified a few hours before the book launch. Hence, you will know about our special offers EARLIER than others. Moreover, you will get your questions (about the book) answered by me.

Note: only the first 50 buyers will have the opportunity to send in their questions; the next 100 buyers will be able to read those (Q&A).

pre-register
designYou may be wondering how top Grandmasters analyze positions so far ahead. It is really surprising for an average-level player how GMs calculate long variations easily.

When I was an International Master (IM), I too experienced similar confusion and wondered about the calculation and planning skills of GMs.

Therefore, let me read to you a snippet from the chapter, “The Art of Planning”, in my upcoming book A Promoted Pawn: My Chess Journey. This concerns an important time in my chess development, when I learned the true value of planning.

In this lesson, you will see how I analyzed my own game with my coach, GM Vladimir Malaniuk. With great help from my coach, I came to know about the key difference between IMs and GMs when it comes to evaluation and planning.

Example
chess
Black to play

Imagine you are playing with White in the above position. Now, I’ve some questions for you:
  • Evaluate the position – is White or Black better, or is it equal?
  • What is the plan for White?
  • What is the plan for Black?
After calculating all possible variations, you can watch the video lesson below: